Where permitted by law, we combine Personal Information about you that VENRES has collected with Personal Information about you that a business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not be permitted to use VENRES data or the combined data for its own, independent marketing purposes. Our service provider will only be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or through this Privacy Statement as indicated above.
Contact us to get a list of VENRES third party service providers
Other situations we may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
· As part of the sale of a VENRES brand to another company
· To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of VENRES (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions)
· When required by law and/or government authorities
Personal Information Retention Period
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Aggregated and non-personal information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for VENRES business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to VENRES sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
Your communications options
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
· Email Communications – You can stop receiving promotional email messages from VENRES by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
· Postal Mail – You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from VENRES by following the opt-out instructions that may be included within those communications. You can also stop receiving promotional email or postal communication through this Privacy Statement.
Please contact us to opt out.
· Mobile Text Messages – We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within that text messaging program.
· Telephone Marketing – We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within that text messaging program.
· PLEASE NOTE: We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from VENRES as practicable. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications. We may keep information for record keeping to ensure we fulfil your request not to send particular types of messages.
You and your information
To the extent provided for by applicable law, you have certain rights in respect of the management of the personal data we hold about you.
· We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. Many VENRES programs provide access to view or update personal information you provided when you registered online.
· If information access and update are not available where you registered, visit VENRES and contact us to learn how to access and/or update the personal information you provide to VENRES. VENRES does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you have the right to request rectification of your personal data; to obtain restriction of the processing of personal data; to object to the processing of personal data (including direct marketing) and to data portability.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below.
Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us as described below. We will cease processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable following our receipt of your withdrawal.
If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law, please contact us as described below.
If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law and failed to remedy such violation to your reasonable satisfaction, you may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If we cannot resolve any issue, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in your country (the Information Commissioner in the UK). If you need more information about how to contact your local data protection authority please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Cookies and other Technologies
VENRES and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites or mobile applications are used, to personalise your experience and to deliver you marketing, including online content, tailored to your interests.
Some technologies we may use include the following:
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings.
To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s).
Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites or other websites and online services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use the Sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our Sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets.
We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
You may receive interest-based marketing, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. Interest-based Marketing is online Marketing from VENRES brands and/or from our carefully selected business partners that is tailored to your interests and sent to your device using a cookie or other identifier assigned to your device. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
· The web pages you view and links you click on VENRES websites and other websites you visit.
· Mobile applications you use.
· The VENRES brand emails you view and links you click in the email.
· Demographic data.
· Offline and online purchase data.
We have designed our interest-based marketing systems to deliver such ads to you based only on data that does not personally identify you. We respect your privacy. You can limit your receipt of interest-based marketing on VENRES websites or in our mobile applications by different means.
Some newer mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest based marketing in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options in your devices’ operating system.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media VENRES sites may include links to third-party sites. VENRES does not control these third-party sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every site you visit.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
Our websites may include plugins from social networks or other third parties. An example of a plugin is the Facebook “Like” button. Where legally permitted, these plugins may communicate with and send information to the party that provided the plugin, even if you do not click on the plugin. This information may include your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site.
Loading, using or clicking the plugins may also place, read and transmit cookies. These cookies may contain a unique identifier the social network or third party assigns to you. The loading, functionality and your use of the plugins are governed by the privacy statement and terms of the party that provided the plugin.
Social Network and Third-Party Login
Our websites may allow you to log in using a social network or other third-party account. An example of a third-party login is “Log in with Facebook.” Logging into one of our sites with your social network or other third-party account may allow us to gather information that you give us permission to access from that social network or third party. The login feature may also transfer information to the social network or third party, such as your username and password, to authenticate you. The social network or third party may also automatically collect information such as your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site. The login feature may also place and read cookies from that third party that may contain a unique identifier the social network or other third party assigns to you.